Keyboard navigation

Sep 27, 2013 at 8:36 AM
Hi guys,

I discovered that the AeroWizard library does not handle keyboard navigation correctly. I mean that I am not able to select the "Next" button by using the "Tab" key. (This behavior is reproductible in the sample!)

Also I am not able to set the focus directly onto a textbox, I set the tabIndex correctly but something else seems to be selected by default. I tried also to set the active control to the textbox in the "initialize" event of the page.

Is there is something to do in order to enable keyboard navigation and correctly set the focus ?

I am using Aero Wizard library with VS 2012, W8 and .NET 3.5.

Best Regards
Coordinator
Sep 27, 2013 at 3:29 PM
In the sample, using your exact same environment, I am able to select the Next button with the Tab key when it is enabled. If it is disabled (either through the WizardPage.AllowNext == false or if you are on the final page), then you cannot select it using the Tab key or the mouse.
Sep 30, 2013 at 7:25 AM
I retried the sample, and I am not able to select Next.

This is the behavior I am observing:
  • First page ("Choose an activity") : Tab key loop through controls on the page ("Cleanup system", "Trash everything", "Do you hate this")
  • Second page ("Modify system") : Tab key only select "Yes", when I enable the "Yes" button, I still can't select "Next" with tab key.
  • Third page ("Trash everything") : Tab key won't select "Sorry you are hoosed" and "Cancel" button.
I am on French W8.
Coordinator
Oct 1, 2013 at 1:12 AM
Edited Oct 1, 2013 at 1:17 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.

There is my version of TestWizard.exe available there that does not exhibit the problem on my Windows 8 64-bit EN-US system.