Library for easy creation of custom and Aero Wizards. Aero Wizard strictly follows Microsoft guidelines and uses Visual Styles to get visual theming.
This project provides three main controls:
- WizardPageContainer - Allows for easy creation of a custom wizard. It manages page creation at design-time and navigation using user defined buttons.
- WizardControl - Builds on the container to provide the full Aero Wizard experience. The wizard visual format pulls from the current system theme. As a result, this wizard will correctly morph on each OS. Under XP, it will provide a old, pre-Aero, look and feel. Under Vista, Win7 and Win8, it will take on the appearance defined by the OS.
- StepWizardControl - Extends WizardControl to include a step list that indicates current position through the flow.
The project is built on a number of great projects around the web on creating wizards for .NET using the old Wizard97 format. It also provides a good design-time experience so the developer can focus on the wizard function and not making it work.
Some other goodies in the source code area are:
Design-time ExperienceCustom ExampleRun-time Example - Windows 8Run-time Example - Windows 7 / VistaRun-time Example - Windows XP (Vista style)Run-time Example - Windows XP (Native)
- Class that wraps DwmEnableBlurBehindWindow and DwmExtendFrameIntoClientArea capabilities exposed by the Desktop Window Manger (DWM) allow you to create the extended glass window effect. (Native\DWM.cs)
- Entension class for the VisualStyleRenderer class that includes a method to fix the broken GetMargins method and the ability to paint glowing text or paint theme backgrounds on glass. (Native\VisualStylesRendererExtender.cs)
- Controls for a label and button that paint correctly on glass. (ThemedLabel.cs & ThemeImageButton.cs)
- A fully evented generic list. (EventedList.cs)